Here is some questions and answers on MVC architecture pattern. these MVC Interview Questions and Answers are basic questions on MVC.
MVC Questions and Answers
- What is Model-View-Controller?
MVC is a software architecture pattern to develop web applications. MVC represent Model-View-Controller and there are three components.
- Model– Model MVC represents the application data domain. Applications business logic is written within the model and model is responsible for maintaining data
- View– View in MVC represents the user interface, with View the users communicates with Application. all the user interface logic is contained within the VIEW
- Controller– Controller in MVC is the controller that reply to user actions. when request sent by users, the respective controller responds within the model and choose a view to render that display the user interface. The user input logic is contained with-in the controller
- Explain the page life cycle of MVC?
Below are the processed followed in the sequence –
- App initialization
- Instantiate and execute controller
- Locate and invoke controller action
- Instantiate and Render View.
- In which assembly is the MVC framework defined in Asp.net?
- Where are the routing rules defined in an asp.net MVC application?
In Application_Start event in Global.asax file
- What are the new features in Asp.Net MVC5 ?
- Asp.Net One Identity
- Web API 2
- Filter overrides
- Authentication Filters
- ASP.NET SignalR 2.0
- OAuth 2.0 Authorization in MVC 5
- OData Improvements in MVC 5(Full support for $select, $expand, $batch, and $value)
- One ASP.NET
- Bootstrap in the MVC template
- What is Razor View Engine?
Razor was major update to render HTML to Display in MVC 3, and designed specifically for view engine syntax.
File extension for Razor view are
- .cshtml: for C# language
- .vbhtml: for VB language
it start with symbol “@” and for writing comment Razor syntax use “@* “to indicate the starting of a comment and “*@ ” to ending the comment.
An example is shown below.
@* This is a Comment in Razor View *@
- What you mean by Routing in MVC?
Routing in MVC is a pattern matching mechanism of incoming requests to the URL patterns which are registered in route table. Class – “UrlRoutingModule” is used for the this process.
RegisterRoutes()” is a method used for registering the routes which will be added in “Application_Start()” method of global.asax , which will be fired when the web application is started.
- What is the use of ViewModel in MVC?
ViewModel is a class with properties, and used to bind it to strongly typed view. ViewModel can have the validation rules defined for its properties by using data annotations.
- Name a few different return types of a controller action method?
- What is the importance of NonActionAttribute?
Generally, all public methods of a controller class are treated as action methods. If we want prevent this default behavior of controller class, just decorate the public method with NonActionAttribute.
- What is the use of action filters in an MVC application?
Action Filters allow us to add pre-action and post-action behavior to controller action methods.If you have multiple filters implemented, below are order in which these filters will be executed?
- Authorization filters– Implements the IAuthorizationFilter attribute.
- Action filters – Implements the IActionFilter attribute.
- Response filters – Implements the IResultFilter attribute.
- Exception filters– Implements the IExceptionFilter attribute.
- What is role of “ActionFilters” in MVC?
“ActionFilters” help you to execute logic while MVC action is executed or its executing.
- What is the difference between Temp data, View, and View Bag?
- Temp data: It helps to maintain data when you move from one controller to other controller.
- View data: It helps to maintain data when you move from controller to view
- View Bag: It’s a dynamic wrapper around view data
- What filters are executed in the end?
“Exception Filters” are executed in the end