Search Service Configuration in SharePoint 2013
There are several steps involved in deploying SharePoint Search Service Application.
- First You Need to crate the Manage account for Search Service Configuration using the Security>Configured Managed Account Path in central admin site.
- Search service configuration first you need to Creating a SharePoint Search Service Application from Central admin site->Manage Services path.
- After that you need to Creating a SSA Proxy for Search service.
- After that you need to Creating an administration component and provide the permission for search configuration account.
- After that you need to Adding content processing, web analytics, crawler, and query components in search configuration in central admin website.
- After that you need to configure the Adding index component and search index replicas for search configuration services.
Step 1: Create the Search Service Managed Account
Managed MetaData Services
Step2: Creating the SharePoint Search Service Application
Step3: Configuration the Search Service Name, Search Service Account Name, Application Pool for Search Admin Web Services, Application Pool for search Query and Site setting Web services.
Please see the below screen there are four Search databases are created for creating the Search service application.
- Administration database
- Analytics Reporting Database
- Crawl Database
- Link Database
In SharePoint 2013 Analytics services also included in the search.
Step5: Creating the Content Sources for Search Service
In Upper screen Manage Content Sources, you can see that by default it will create Local SharePoint sites content sources, but in the real world you should create individual content source for each web application.
To create it click on “New Content Source” from the screen Manage Content Sources.
Enter the following details shown in the below
Select the type of content to be crawled: Web Sites
Type Start address below: http://localserver;80/sites/test1
Step6: Start the Crawling
After the Full or Incremental crawling the search service will be start working in your website.